Tuesday, June 15, 2010

And the Winner Is ...

I bet you thought I forgot about it, but I didn't ... I just had to find a good time to "fit" it in to our already busy post schedule! ; )

Well, its no surprise, the Chicago Blackhawks are the winners of HftL's First Annual "Hockey Cup of Hotness!"

As depicted above, there were a total of 750 votes (WOW!) and the Blackhawks received 77% of them (584 total!)!! What's surprising is that the SJS were LAST (and not Philly!)!! This was definitely an interesting poll and what I like to point out (which illustrates something I discovered a while ago) ... there seems to be a direct corrolation between HOT players and GOOD players (I'm guessing because we find good hockey players attractive) which also proves the fact that we ARE NOT anything close to "puck bunnies!"

So CONGRATULATIONS to the Hawks for not only winning the Stanley Cup, but also being crowned the most attractive players in the final four teams that in this year's playoffs by HftL readers!!

And THANKS to all of you for participating and making this such a great success (be sure to look for this again next year!)!!

2 comments:

Liz said...

I think "Hockey for the Ladies" can appreciate this story:

When I was in grade 8 a friend of mine was in a class that was having a hockey pool and she did not know anything about hockey. She asked me which team to pick and I began to explain the chances of (at the time) the Avalanche repeating, the Devils goaltending advantages, the Flyers having a good chance... she cut me off saying "No Liz, I don't care about that. I want to pick the cute team." I sighed and told her that Detroit (at the time) had the best looking players. The 1997 Detroit Red Wings then won their first Stanley Cup in 42 years, and my friend won the pool.

There is definitely a correlation between handsomeness and hockey excellence.

Stephanie said...

I LOVE that ... THANKS for posting Liz!!!

; D