- born in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
- plays left wing, shoots left
- played NCAA hockey in college for Ferris State University (beginning in 1999)
- named to CCHA First All-Star Team in 2002 and 2003
- was CCHA Player of the Year in 2003
- named to NCAA West First All-American Team in 2003
- helped the Ducks win their first Stanley Cup Championship in 2007
- represented Team Canada in 2008 at the World Ice Hockey Championships
Kunitz is a real cutie. He's 6'0 (although I think that may be stretching it a bit since he appears somewhat shorter to me in a few pics) and weighs 193 pounds. He isn't much of a fighter, but he does finish alot of his checks (148 hits in 62 games with the Ducks!) and isn't afraid to defend a teammate when he needs to which will be good if he ends up playing on the top line with Crosby. He does have one fight this season against Sean Avery and, according to the voters at hockeyfights.com, it ended in a "draw" (I think it looks more like Kunitz gets a few more punches in than Avery, but you'll have to see for yourself - visit the site).
He's a fan of baseball and his favorite team is the Detroit Tigers.