- born in Celadna, Czech Republic
- shoots right
- drafted 7th by Tampa Bay in the 1996 draft (179th overall)
- named to WC-A All-Star Team in 1999
- played in the 2004 NHL All-Star game
- helped the Bolts win a Stanley Cup in 2004
- recorded a career-high 38 points during the 2005-2006 season
- won gold medal on Team Czech Republic at the World Championship in 2005
- won bronze medal on Team Czech Republic at the Winter Olymplics in 2006
- he signed a 4 year / $20 million contract in 2006 with the Maple Leafs
- milestones he reached this past season: 700th NHL game played; 200th NHL assist; and 300th NHL point
Another large defenseman at 6' 4" and 244 pounds (do you think there's a pattern here?!)!! A big defenseman is a real turn-on though and ON TOP of that, he's quite a talented player (see above -- and look at the milestones he reached as a defenseman!)!!
He has a really cute nickname (which doesn't fit the defensman persona) - Kubby! He, too, has a softer side and according to globeandmail.com his family is one of the things that brings it out. His first child with his girlfriend Andrea was born in 2006 (daughter Teresa).
"It was hard for me to leave," Kubina said. "It was an unbelievable feeling to be there. I have to thank the Leafs for their great support in letting me go and my teammates. They told me I shouldn't miss it because it is something great to see. They were right.