Wednesday, January 21, 2009

HftL Does the All-Stars (Western Conference): BRIAN CAMPBELL of the Chicago Blackhawks

I know I am in the minority, but I really like guys with red hair. I don't know if it's just unusual taste or familiarity (a goodly portion of my family are so afflicted). But the fact remains, I like them. I have a particular fondness for Brian Campbell who is much more appetizing as a Saber than he ever was as a "Guppy" (San Jose Shark) where he played my Stars with such alarming frequency and skill.

What's Hot - I know it's not everyone's thing, but the hair. I'll give everyone a heads up and say that his looks are VERY much improved if the team makes the playoffs. His playoff beard is a true "caterpillar to butterfly" transformation [shivers]. Since there's absolutely no denying that he looks much better on video than in 2 dimensional photos, I've included some that I thought were fun. THIS is really cute, and VERY true to form. Try not to laugh too hard at THIS, it's all at once singularly embarrassing while being very endearing at the same time. I COULD NOT resist giggling at this one, myself. Every time I see him do an interview, I think that he'd be the very best "straight-man" in a comedy team. While he's not possessed of a bubbly personality, I like his quiet and subtle wit.

What's Hockey - He's really good. Halfway through the season, he's the 'Hawks number one defensive goal scorer with 23 assists, a +/- of 8 and 7+ goals scored. He is considered to be one of the top 3 acquisitions by any club in the NHL during last years off season. Last year he ranked second among all NHL defensemen with 54 assists and tied for third with 62 points both career highs in 83 regular-season games. Amassed seven points (a goal & six assists) in the Sharks 13 Stanley Cup Playoff games last year. He really was a TOTAL coup for the Chicago Blackhawks. I count him among the very best D-men I've ever seen play.

4 comments:

Erika Zimmerman said...

oh Soupy! he's adorable and that singing vid made me giggle! :]

Kylie @ Faux Hawks and Follies said...

I'm sure I'll have more comments once I watch the videos at home...

I'm not usually one for red hair, but I'll always make an exception. Hello, Hal Gill anyone?!

Very cute. :)

Meli said...

He's so funny! His expression in the one goal video is hysterical! He's a great player too!

He's very cute with kids too!!
http://blackhawks.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?&id=27654
He's like, "do you want a bookmark?"

Life_As_A_Redhead said...

@Meli

I almost put that video in. I was afraid, that his part was too late, and all you ladies would be saying "what the heck is she doing linking that one".

But you're absoultly right the "do you want a bookmark". Is so very awesome.

@KD
In addition to Hal Gill, Ryan Whitney's got the same thing goin' on.