IMPORTANT HOCKEY STUFF: From "Loyal Reader" With defensemen Andreas Lilja on LTIR, Ericsson has been filling in on the blue line for a little over the last month. Ericsson is bound to be a full time player next year for the Wings as defensemen Chris Chelios will be parting ways, hoping a team that isn't as defensively deep will be willing to sign him. I'll just take my medicine, and admit that I "borrowed" this (below) strait from NHL.com but I found it impressive. So none the less plagiarism aside. Here it is:Note Worthy
- -Tallied first NHL goal at EDM 2/26.
- -In 1st NHL game, played 22:39 and was "even" at CGY 2/22. (I was REALLY impressed with this)
- -Registered a 100.1 MPH slap shot in AHL All-Star Game skills competition (um, SWOON!!!)
- -The final pick (291) of the 2002 NHL Entry Draft. (I just love it when "under dogs" acheve!)
- -Recalled to Detroit from Grand Rapids 4/12/08 and was a Black Ace during the 2008 playoffs.
Jonathan could also be considered a bad boy as he breaks the mold of "European players who do not fight" (I don't think I have to remind everyone here, what I think of guys who stand up for their teammates) At 6'5, ( 207lbs. of the "golden Sidney Crosby eyes" and wavy dark chocolate hair. YUMMY!! I'm such a sucker for guys with wavy hair!!!!) he is not afraid to defend his teammates or fight when he is angry enough. Here is a link to his fight against the one of the Buffalo Sabres players from last month. Jonathan Ericsson fight (He's # 52 BTW, that's important to know when you watch that video. ESPECIALLY the part about 27 sec. in. Just FYI, he's the one "on top"!!). He's just a DOLL. I'm a little annoyed that all I can find on his personal, is in Swedish. Oh well. He's still really, REALLY sexy. and we couldn't drool on his sweetly sexy accent if he wasn't Swedish. So I'll take what I get (and I LOVE the accent).From "Loyal Reader"