Thursday, March 24, 2011

HftL's Blog Title Graphic - to Change or Not to Change

Over the past few weeks, I've received a few emails about the blog's title graphic (you know, that yummy one that's at the very top of the blog - the VERY FIRST THING you see everytime you visit the blog!).

It seems that some of you wouldn't mind my changing that.  OF COURSE I know that it was pretty "outdated" shortly after I created it (Whitney has been gone for a while now!), but with the life of the blog it's become sort of a signature.  At least that's the way I see it.  It defines the blog and what it's all about ... when you see it, you think of the blog (our "calling card" ... the FACE of the blog).  In fact, we've had our "15 minutes of fame" with that graphic ... remember our being mentioned on a Dallas radion station who was interviewing Loui Eriksson??!!!  NO??  CLICK HERE for more on that and see the pic below!!! ; )


As much as I've been hesitant to do it, I thought maybe a good thing for me to do would be to pose the question to all of you, HftL's loyal readers, and see what the majority of you feel.  So I've posted a poll at the top-left side of the blog which will be open for a little over a week.  I'll make my decision based on the outcome of the poll.

There's not an option to include comments, but if you feel strongly one way or the other OR if you just want to pass along your thoughts, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO EMAIL ME AT thesteelcitysportsfan@gmail.com (I always welcome and enjoy reading / responding to your emails!)!!

5 comments:

Lauren said...

All good brands update their logos and "brand identity" from time to time. The current title graphic isn't really reflective of the blog, considering you cover more than just the Penguins (and like you mentioned, Ryan Whitney hasn't played for the Penguins in quite some time). Perhaps the new graphic could encompass more of the many players, teams, and leagues that you write about.

When people Google your blog, they search the name of the blog, not the picture, so it's not as if the identity of the blog will be lost. That's just my two cents.

P.S. I've made a goal to start commenting on blogs more often and interacting again :)

Stephanie said...

THANKS for the input, Lauren (good advice)! I'm glad you're trying to comment / interact more (it's always nice to see you here!)!! ; )

Char said...

I vote a jords, sid and patty kane graphic.

Ps. I agree with Lauren.

Anonymous said...

i also vote for the jords, sid, and patty kane. can we add tazer in there?

Zena37 said...

Can you squeeze Letang and Neal in there?? :)