Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Crosby Picture of the Week (EA NHL 12 Cover Athlete Edition)

graphic courtesy of
"funnygunny" in the NHL 10 Custom Covers thread
of Operation Sports Forums
Choosing this as the "Picture of the Week" was prompted for two reasons:
  1. The cover of EA NHL 12 will be revealed tomorrow night at the 2011 NHL Awards and
  2. Sid has NEVER been chosen to be the cover athlete (even though Ovi has!)!!  The picture to the right is a "custom cover" that is quite unofficial since it's made by someone other than EA Sports.
Sid is, however, among the names being mentioned as possibilities for this year's cover.  Crosby would be the first Pittsburgh player on the cover since Mario Lemieux (NHL 2002).

Blackhawks players have graced the cover of the previous two games (Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane) and there has really never been a rhyme or reason to how the athlete is chosen, so your guess is as good as mine.  My bet is on "Tim-MAY" ... elite Boston Bruins goaltender, Tim Thomas.

According to The Examiner, the last time a goalie was featured was back on NHL 97 when John Vanbiesbrouck made the cover.

So be sure to tune in to the 2011 NHL Awards tomorrow night at 7 PM (est) on VERSUS.

2 comments:

Kym @ Travel Babbles said...

Hi Stephanie - I just did a little networking and found your blog. It's interesting, to say the least! I look forward to reading your posts :)

Stephanie said...

THANKS, KY!! I'm always happy to have new readers and, yes, my blog is different. I think it's just a different "angle" and something that was missing from hockey (at least for a majority of the female fans). It's something you really can't take too seriously (and is fun when / if you don't).

I'm definitely a TRUE BLUE hockey fan (I don't think there's a better sport!) ... this blog was / is a way to satisfy the female side of it (and I was happy to learn that I'm not the only one who experiences that side especially since I wouldn't label myself - or any of the readers / followers here - as a "puck bunny").

THANKS for the comment! : )