Monday, November 9, 2009

Eastern Conference Eye Candy: Guillaume Latendresse (Montreal Canadiens)

One of the deciding factors of this week's EC eye candy was the fact that when I "googled" his name, a picture of him half-dressed in his hockey uniform exposing his furry little "happy trail" was one of the first things to pop up (YEP - that's definitely eye candy material to me!) and I really didn't have to look much further!!! I really don't think I'll find much opposition from any of you, so I'll proceed with the post! : P [And OF COURSE that picture is included in the post!]



HOCKEY FACTOR:
Latendresse began his career in the QMJHL (junior league) as the Drummondville Voltigeurs' 2nd overall choice in the 2003 entry draft (Sidney Crosby going 1st overall that year). That same year (2003-2004) he was named to the QMJHL All-Rookie team. In 2005, he was a part of the Canadian World Juniors team to win a gold medal; however, head coach Brent Sutter had him benched for the majority of the tournament - that happened to be his one and only experience with the Canadian World Juniors as a concussion sidelined him after trying out in 2006.

He was later Montreal's 2nd pick in the 2005 Entry Draft (45th overall) and made the roster after the Canadiens 2006 training camp. They signed him to a three-year deal at $850,00 per year which is the NHL's maximum salary for a rookie. He had an amazing rookie season according to the following stats: led all NHL rookies with 164 hits, was ranked 8th among NHL rookies in power play goals (5) and game-winning goals (3), ranked 9th among NHL rookies in goals (16) and shooting efficiency (13.2%), ranked 10th among NHL rookies in shots on goal (121), and ranked 11th among NHL rookies in points (29).

Latendresse wears number 84 which Montreal assigned to him shortly after making the team. The significance of this number is the fact that he was the FIRST NHL player ever to wear the number and it was the NHL's last unworn number prior to his assignment of it.

HOTNESS FACTOR:
Um, just look at him (YUM!)!! He's an agressive, hard-hitting forward that uses his size to his advantage (6'2, 230 pounds) illustrated by the number of hits during his rookie season (164).

His nicknames include Gui, Guimauve, and Let's Undress (could you guess that the last one is my favorite?! I think it's appropriate not only because it sounds like his last name, but also because that's what you think when you look at him!)!!

A mature man can be quite attractive especially when he can defend himself without lowering to another's childish level. I've read some things that make me believe, not unlike Sidney, he's mature beyond his years. During Latendresse's rookie year, Hall-of-Famer Patrick Roy made a statement about the reason he believed Latendresse remained a Canadien as a 19 y/o rookie was because he was a francophone (a noun often used to describe a natively French-speaking individual / Canadian; refers to people whose cultural background is primarily associated with French language, regardless of ethnic and geographical differences). When he was asked about it during a press conference a few weeks later, he responded by stating

'"It's me who's supposed to be 19, not him," said Latendresse. "I will act like a man. I'll leave it to him to act like a child. I don't know why he's acting like that. I've never spoken to him. He should be delighted by the success of young Québecers in the NHL instead of making stupid comments."
He's a family man as he and girlfriend (former Miss Quebec), Maïka Desnoyers, have a son named Hayden who was born in July 2008. One of our readers posted a comment that Latendresse isn't so much a family man anymore : ( It seems that he left Ms. Desnoyers on their son's first birthday (FOR SHAME, Gui!!)!!! And he is now involved with "the 5th place of the Quebec's Star Academy, Annie Villeneuve. And this girl is known to have had lots of others football players and hockey players..." Well, he is only 22 (and I'm not condoning this), but I suppose this would disprove his maturity as well as sink the 'family man' adjective I used to describe him this AM. Well, thanks alot Gui, for making this post go to pot, you little asshole!!! However, HP are human too! ; P

In case you're interested in little Ms. Villeneuve, I posted a picture underneath the former happy couple (and read more about the NEW couple HERE).

Although his sexuality was the center of controversy in 2005 and questioned by some after he (supposedly was tricked into) posing topless for a gay Montreal magazine (“La Voix du Village” (the Voice of the Village)), I have to say it doesn't interfere with his hotness factor by any means. What do you think??

13 comments:

Char said...

um. that picture. stephanie. you cant spring such things on me. ohmigeno...

Stephanie said...

HAH -- that's exactly how I felt when it came up after I "googled" him!!! PRETTY, HUH?!!!!! ; P

Char said...

very pretty... i want it. :-)

but shhh dont tell jordan!

Jay said...

Hmmmm. I'm debating on making that picture my new desktop background.

Anonymous said...

Quebecois for the win!!!!!! Very nice, Stephanie. I will admit to being partial to the Frenchies, gots no problem with that!

Anonymous said...

He's not that much a family guy...
Left that poor girl on the 1st birthday of their son for the 5th place of the Quebec's Star Academy, Annie Villeneuve. And this girl is known to have had lots of others football players and hockey players...

PS: I often read your blog and I love it:) I was surprised to see a link on 25stanley.com !

Stephanie said...

@Jay - oh man, I DARE you!!! ; P

@stoopidful - glad he's to your liking!! : P

@kinitah - UGH, that BASTARD!!! He's still pretty though!! ; ) THANKS for the comment!

THANKS for all your comments, ladies - I enjoy them all!!

EHisCDN said...

LOL @ his nickname Guimauve, I'm pretty sure that means marshmallows in french.

I actually laughed out loud at your addition once you found out about him leaving his ex and son! But I totally agree with you on it.

Unknown said...

looking at those two girls it seems like he definitely has a type! (too bad I don't fit)

Life_As_A_Redhead said...

He pulled one over on me as well. Because for the longest time, I believed he was blond.

There used to be some cute "get to know your Canadians" videos with him in them on the Canadians website. I have no idea if there still there.

I'll admit I first noticed him ages ago, when he got in a big fight, but what a swine, leaving his kid. I hope he's on the losing end of every fight he gets in, from now on.

Shana said...

Ha Ha Ha. Let's undress..Priceless. Love it.

therealthingx31 said...

i truly adore him <3 and i had no idea about the seperation :O so sad :( but his little boy is the CUTEST thingg

Zombie Kat said...

If you guys think he is pretty you should see his younger brother Olivier! He looks juuuuuuusst like him!

Ollie plays for the Hamilton Bulldogs now, the Canadians AHL team. And while your there check out Cedrick Desjardins (my favorite goalie!) and Mathieu Aubin!