Thursday, November 12, 2009

REASON #48
He Doesn't Crack Under Pressure

(he actually THRIVES on it!)

With the Pens dropping like flies (a total of 6 players who all took part in their Stanley Cup triumph), the pressure is on for Crosby to kick his game up a level or two - not only by the media who continue to focus on his remaining scoreless in the past five games, but also by himself. DON'T POKE THE BEAR (or maybe that might be a good idea!)!! ; P

“I don’t think it hurts me. Usually it helps," Crosby said. "I don’t think it’s more pressure in a bad way. I usually get more out of myself because of that. It’s something that has happened many times over the last few years in the NHL and juniors. I always felt like I’ve been better for it. It’s not been a negative effect.”

“I always put pressure on myself. It’s not too much. Everyone needs to push themselves in different ways. That’s just the way it is.”

4 comments:

Ashlen said...

Hahhaha aw :)
It's been hard seeing them lose that much.
Theyre falling, ugh we need to get our players back!

Anonymous said...

No panic -- it's only November.

So the craps have 2 more points than us and the Devils have a couple of games in hand?

As Geno would say "is hockey."

Sid did not get where he is without being able to handle the pressure. I think back to when I was 22 and I was such a mess. What a mature, poised (not to mention sexy) young man!

Stephanie said...

@Ashlen - I agree with @stoopidful, it's only November so we should be OK (better now than later!)!!

@stoopidful -- LOVE GENO (he's right!)! Gosh -- MORE reasons to love him -- "mature, poised" - honestly, those are pretty sexy words to describe him too (aside from him being sexy!)!! I can't get him out of my blood!! ; P And you're also right - I was a big mess too when I was 22!!! It does bring it into perspective.

EHisCDN said...

I just think about how when Sid was my age he was just breaking into the NHL and achieving his life's dream! Me on the other hand, I can't even handle the pressure of commuting to school and I don't know what I want to do with my life!