I'm sorry, but this whole post is mostly bullet-lists because I only find short, individual details.
IMPORTANT HOCKEY STUFF: Played with James Neal, in the 2009 Young Stars game as one of the top rookies of the 08-09 season. Which you know makes big points, in my book. Having never actually paid any attention to him playing, till after I saw what he looked like. I must admit this section is kinda lame. However.
- Scored two goals for his first career multi-goal games vs. FLA, Nov. 8
- Scored his first career NHL goal at ANA, Oct 12
- Made his NHL debut vs. CBJ, Oct. 11
2008-09 Season highs:
Goals: 2 - Nov. 8 vs. FLA
Assists: 2 - Mar. 19 vs. ANA
Points: 2 - 4 times
Shots: 4 - 3 times
Plus/minus: +3 - 2 times
TOI: 22:52 - Nov. 8 vs. FLA
- Helped lead the Kitchener Rangers to the Memorial Cup final with six points (2-4--6) in five games.
Finished tied for second with 26 assists and second overall with 35 points in 20 playoff games helping Kitchener win the OHL championship in 2008.
- Ranked third overall among rookies in points with 73 (29-44--73) and tied for second overall in the league with nine game-winning goals in 2007-08.
- Voted as the Best Skater in the OHL’s Western Conference in the annual Coaches Poll.
- He played on a line with Steven Stamkos at the 2008 CHL Top Prospects Game, registering a goal and an assist.
- Participated in the 2008 World Junior Championships for Denmark alongside his older brother, Mads. He finished second in team scoring with six points (2-4--6) in six games.
REALLY IMPORTANT STUFF: Be still my heart. Golden haired angel come down to liveamong mortals (well, mortal hockey players, anyway) Ok, this may just be slightly over dramatic, but it's pretty close to what happened when I first dropped peepers on this guy. 5'11, 195lbs. of WOW!! Sorry, I keep getting sidetracked. You know, losing my train of thought. That sort of thing.
- He left his hometown of Brondby, Denmark at the age 15 to move to Sweden to play for Frolunda in the Swedish Junior League where they won the Swedish Junior Championships in 2006-07.
- Credits his dad for having had the most influence on his career for everything he has taught him as well as all of the hockey that he brought him to.
- His nickname is ‘Bodsey’ and he wears number 89 because his favorite number eight was taken and 89 was his mom’s suggestion.
- If he could invite any three people to dinner he would choose: Wayne Gretzky, Alexander Ovechkin and his brother, Mads.
- If he could be in any one movie he would choose “Remember the Titans” and if he wasn’t playing hockey he would be in construction.
NHL Team: Minnesota Wild
NHL Player: Minnesota’s Marion Gaborik
Shootout move: “forehand deke”
Practice Drill: 2-puck
Video Game: Counter Strike
Movie: Gridiron Gang
TV Show: Two and a half men
Actor: Denzel Washington
Group: Linkin Park
Book: Da Vinci Code
Sport (other than hockey): Football
Activity away from the rink: Xbox 360
Place to shop: Downtown Copenhagen
Place to visit: Copenhagen, Denmark
So in summation, I just might have to look a little closer, when the Coyotes come to town this year. Oh eek, what am I saying... You all didn't hear that, did you, OK, good. I have to keep up my rep as a good loyal Stars fan.