Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Crosby Picture of the Week

This week's pic comes from a press release last week.  The press release announced the five-year partnership between Sid and The Forzani Group, Ltd. (which includes Sport Chek, Sports Experts, and Hockey Experts - they are the exclusive retailers of Sidney's Reebok SC87 Signature Collection).
"As Canada's largest hockey retailer, the official sporting goods retailer of Hockey Canada and a proud partner of many Canadian NHL teams, we are beyond thrilled to welcome Sidney Crosby to our team," says Tom Quinn, President and COO of The Forzani Group Ltd. "Through his professionalism on and off the ice as well as his dedication and commitment to the game of hockey, Sidney is truly an athlete that all Canadians can look up to."
This partnership also gets Sid involved with another charity called "The Power of Sports for Kids." This charity is "devoted to bringing sports, activity and play to underprivileged youth across the country."
"My time spent on the ice as a kid was me always dreaming of being able to play in the NHL one day," says Crosby. "I am fortunate enough to be able to have that dream come true and know there are other kids out there who share the same passion. Equipment is such an important part of playing the game for safety and performance. With this in mind, I am happy to be working with The Forzani Group and Reebok to provide the equipment with my name on it to the next generation of Canadian hockey players."

6 comments:

India said...

Looks like Crosby and Geno are leading by example: team haircuts.

stoneyblue said...

Sweeeeeet!

Anonymous said...

I. Just. Died.
that boy needs to wear V-neck shirts more often.
my god...

Maureen said...

I MISS HOCKEY!!!!!

I MISS THE PENGUINS EVEN MORE!!!

Okay... rant over. ;-)

lizagirl84 said...

hotneess holy cow wow yeah keep wearing those v neck shirts and i'll keep drolling ok. my you made my day yet again.

Josie said...

So because I looked at this photo I impulsively bought a sports package (which includes NHL centre ice) for my tv at university. My housemates were really upset until I said "but guys, now we get to see Crosby in HD!" they all can't wait for the season to start ;)