Friday, October 9, 2009

Here's the 'Skinny' on ESPN Magazine's "The Body Issue"

According to Puck Daddy in a post dated September 30th:
... you obviously already know there are NHL players involved in "The Body Issue." ESPN informed us today that Edmonton Oilers players Sheldon Souray, Ethan Moreau, and Andrew Cogliano were photographed together for the magazine, as was Boston Bruins defenseman Zdeno Chara by himself.

(Ed. Note: Bill Guerin
of the Pittsburgh Penguins, Chris Higgins of the New York Rangers, Eric Nystrom of the Calgary Flames and Mike Komisarek of the Toronto Maple Leafs are all also in the issue, according to ESPN, in a featured called "The Sweat Spot" that's different than the photo portfolios.)
So technically, Bill Guerin (and the rest of the hockey players listed after him above) are not appearing naked in the mag, but rather a feature called "The Sweat Spot." SORRY, ladies (I KNOW -- I'm disappointed too), but SHELDON SOURAY -- that MORE than makes up for it!!!!!!!

AND THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU HftL reader, Lizzy C, for sending the "Body Issue" pic of hte Edmonton Oilers because, well -- this deserves a "GOOD CHRIST" as Kena would say -- otherwise, I'M SPEECHLESS (woooooah momma!)!!! And I think the "show-stopper" in this pic is definitely Ethan Moreau (and Souray is showing his age a little, but still looks GREAT)!!!!!

I'd LOVE to hear your thoughts, ladies!!!

14 comments:

Life_As_A_Redhead said...

My thoughts are not "G"-rated.

Cat said...

Awkward pose for Souray, but Ethan is absolutely perfect. Beautiful, beautiful men.
Why don't they do more body issues? I'll bet never in the history of the magazine will so many women buy an issue for themselves.

Heather said...

Yah... ummm... yummm......

Val said...

Now that I have picked myself up off the floor - thanks so much for that fabulous Oiler picture and I will be right behind Lehnanne in the checkout line :)

Anonymous said...

Oh wow..my thoughts are totally not "G" rated either. They're totally gorgeous in that picture!

thatgirl said...

......for the first time in my life, I have no words except for WOW!

Zigh said...

O.
M.
G.

Marsha said...

Now if Moreau only looked that good on the ice.

Baseball and Hockey Rule said...

As I pick up my tongue off the floor and wipe the drool off my face, a quote from the movie "The Wedding Date" "came" to mind. However, it is not exactly appropriate to post since it's very R-rated.

jenniwa30 said...

Have you seen this?

http://a.espncdn.com/i/insider/magazine/body/skins/skin_4a.jpg

Stephanie said...

@jenniwa30 - no, but THANK YOU (this is going to make it to another post about this magazine) and makes another reason why I should go out and buy it!)!! ; P

GOOD CHRIST - I LOVE HP'S!!!! : )

rc said...

oh... my... god.

Rebel Heart said...

Why can't I find this effing magazine?!

I've been to a bunch of stores and no one has it!Grrrr!

If any of you ladies know where it can be purchased I'd LOVE to know!

~*Kiley said...

@ Life

My thoughts are no where NEAR "G" rated. You're not alone.

Holy. Crow.

I'm disappointed that Sid, Flower, and Godard aren't there, but....

Oilerrrrsssssssss..... ;) ;)