Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Western Conference Hottie: Paul Stastny (Colorado Avalanche)

I'm sorry but there is very little that is hot about the Colorado Avalanche. Very little indeed. Stastny, however, well, even my jaded (loyal stars fan) heart beats a little faster, when Stastny skates past.

IMPORTANT HOCKEY STUFF: He's a PUREBRED Hockey player, coming from a very notable family with his dad, brother, and uncles all playing in the NHL. Son of Peter. Brother of Yan. WCHA All-Rookie Team (2005) WCHA Rookie of the Year (2005) NCAA Championship All-Tournament Team (2005) WCHA First All-Star Team (2006) NCAA West Second All-American Team (2006) NHL All-Rookie Team (2007) Was named to the WCHA First All-Star Team as a sophomore at the University of Denver. Garnered All-American honors from U.S. College Hockey Online (third team) and the American Hockey Coaches Association (second team West). Captured the WCHA scoring title with 44 points in 28 conference games. Played for the U.S. National Team at the 2007 IIHF World Championship in Moscow…Finished as Team USA’s second-leading scorer at the tournament with eight points. Ranked second among NHL rookies in scoring with 78 points, the fourth highest total by a rookie in franchise history…Only his father Peter (109 in 1980-81) and uncles Marian (89 in 1981-82) and Anton (85 in 1980-81) recorded more points in their first season. In the 08-09 season, Finished fifth on the team with 36 points (11g/25a) despite playing only 45 games. Missed a total of 37 games due to two separate injuries. Ranked third on the Avalanche in both power-play goals (7) and PP points (19). Missed 26 games after suffering a broken forearm while blocking a shot on Dec. 23 vs. Phoenix. Underwent surgery on Dec. 30 and returned to the ice eight weeks later on Feb. 24 at Atlanta. Was leading the Avalanche in scoring at the time of the injury with 31 points. Sat out the final 11 games of the year with a broken foot suffered while blocking a shot on March 17 at Minnesota. Collected points in each of his first seven games, the longest scoring streak to begin a season by an Avalanche player since 99-00 (Joe Sakic, 8 games). Picked up an assist in each of his first six games, setting a franchise record for longest assist streak to start a season. Tallied his 100th career helper on Oct. 14 at Calgary. He currently serves as an Alternate Captain for the Aves.

REALLY IMPORTANT STUFF: Don't mind the teeth. That just means he's a hockey player. And that he hits hard. And that he has great puck pursuit. And honestly, it's easy to forget, if you just start looking at the rest of his pretty face. He's almost blond. [Hush Stephanie] Six feet, 205 lbs, with whatever color those eyes are, can't you just imagine them looking back at you across a candle lit table in a dimly lit restaurant. I can hear the romantic music now, can any of the rest of you?

There's always something extra sexy, about a guy who comes from a "hockey" family. I have no idea (Staal's) why. No exception with the Stastny's.

Is there anything hotter, than a polite guy.



If you don't swoon, when he bends down and picks up the reporters recorder. And swoon again at the little smile, when the reporter thanks him. Your just a cold, frigid woman. I know I drooled, and I can't be the only one.

Oh, and since a picture is worth a thousand words, how much more is video worth...

6 comments:

RQH said...

And he likes to cook, like, actual cooking, instead of just throwing pieces of meat on a BBQ :P

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=413203

Ashlen said...

Ehh, his tooth kinda reminds me of Ovie.
And I'm a major anti-Ovechkin.

I am THE BIGGEST Sidney fan you will ever meet. Take your obsession and times it by 100. Surprisingly, and I mean VERY surprisingly I had never seen your blog before! Especially since Sid is linked so many times in it, and you have tons of followers.

Anyway, getting to the point ;)
I'm from the $tL, and all the girls here are in love with T.j Oshie! My friend sent me the post of T.J in it yesterday. Then when I was looking around, I noticed some more Sidney things!

I'm sick at home with the flu :/
Yesterday I missed school too, and I did absolutely nothing. You haven no idea how happy you made my day. Today I got to read 502 posts of pure awesomeness, and then tonight I get to watch Pens vs Canes! I'm excited, it's defiantly going to bring back some playoff memories, which I miss. I live for playoff time :)

Stephanie said...

@RQH -- THANKS for the link (we always like contributions from our readers!)!!! ; )

@Ashlen -- I MAY just give you a run for your money with being a Crosby fan but I won't squabble with you (there's enough room for ALL Sid / Pens fans!)!!!

I'm SO GLAD that your friend sent our link to you and that you enjoy it - that's what it's for - ladie's enjoyment!!! ; P

THANKS for the comments ladies!!!

Stephanie said...

@Ashlen -- HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER SOON!!! : )

Ashlen said...

I'd like to see that! I could go on and on for hours, but you'd probably get irritated with me like most people.
but we've just started talking, I wouldn't want to lose a new friend ;)

Thanks for the posts though, really. Kept up my mood for sure.
& Now I have something to look forward for everyday ;)

Btw, having a long day?
I've seen thousands of sidney crosby videos, but this is by far my favorite!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR9tWGfRRNg
"All I know is...my jock hasn't once gotten in the right spot yet."
Whats better than Sidney Crosby talking about that?!


Oh, and for the JUST Pens fans,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkLwGRybisA&feature=player_profilepage

This one made me cry ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see my boys getting some attention!!! Paulie is a sweetheart so and as far as the teeth go...he actually didn't loose them because of hockey but due to a accident as a kid involving a baseball bat. But he is planing to get them fixed the the near future. ;)