Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Western Conference Hottie: Brandon Segal (Dallas Stars)

Well, I'm sure you all know that I wouldn't be neglecting the Stars trade deadline acquisition forever, right?

IMPORTANT HOCKEY STUFF: He was accuired from the Kings, who unlike the Stars, made they playoffs. (I doubt he's very happy about that.) However, I'm not overly surprised, as Stars coach Mark Crawford, was previously the (loosing, non playoff making) LAK coach, and now he's the (losing, non playoff making) Stars coach. Hey old habits die hard, huh. [end bitter rant...]

Segal was originally drafted in the fourth round (102nd overall) by the Nashville Predators in the 2002 NHL Entry Draft from the Calgary Hitmen, and spent four seasons with their AHL affiliate, the Milwaukee Admirals.

On June 25, 2007, Segal was traded to the Anaheim Ducks for future considerations. He was then asssigned to affiliate, the Portland Pirates to begin the 2007-08 season. After 54 games with the Pirates, Segal was traded by the Ducks along with a 7th round draft pick in the 2008 NHL Entry Draft to the Tampa Bay Lightning for Jay Leach on February 26, 2008. Segal continued in the AHL, playing for the Lightning's affiliate, the Norfolk Admirals.

In the 2008-09 season, Segal spent the majority of the season with the Pirates. In the late end of the season, Brandon made his NHL debut with the Lightning in a 3-1 defeat to the Pittsburgh Penguins on March 3, 2009.


On July 13, 2009, Segal signed a 2-year contract with the Los Angeles Kings. After starting the 2009-10 season with the Manchester Monarchs of the AHL, he was recalled by the Kings and scored his first NHL goal on January 9, 2010 against Chris Mason of the St. Louis Blues.

On February 11, 2010, Segal was claimed off waivers by the Dallas Stars. Segal made an immediate impact with the Stars, scoring the game winning goal and an assist in his debut against the Phoenix Coyotes on February 13, 2010.

REALLY IMPORTANT STUFF: Well, he's 6'2 and 214. He's got just the size that I... er... the Stars need. Well, that and the fact that I was struck rather dumb at the sight of him, at the Stars v Pens game last month. Because well, just because. (and the humiliating part, was I had to answer Stephanie's "who is he" question with "I don't know". Well, I'm sure you can all feel for my humiliated embarrassment. Now, moving on.

I'm honestly not sure how the Stars, as a whole, could get much hotter. Seriously. I don't know if it's just rabid fandom, or the fact that they're all just gorgeous. But hey. Who really cares. As you can see from the pictures, he once had his hair frosted blond. (and yes I know what kind of debate that stirs up, but hey, blond is still blond, even if it's chemically induced.) However, he's one that it really doesn't matter. He's gorgeous blond or brunette. The curls and waves aren't going to go away just because his hair's a different color. Nor are the pretty carmel brown eyes.

If this video doesn't make you fall in love/become a Stars fan, well then. Nothing is going to... (Yes, my brain was numbed by the beautiful Brenden Morrow smile, in the video [did you think I'd miss that??]so just start laughing and get it out of your system, Stephanie.)

Now, I'm going to embarrass myself. While I will admit to watching this video multiple times, I still have to ask "who's Dan Cook"? Although the comment has to be added. If he looks like Brandon Segal, he's obviously respiratory function stealingly hot....

OK ... this is ANOTHER ONE I CANNOT PASS UP WITHOUT GETTING SOMETHING OUT ... WHERE THE F*** HAS THIS ONE BEEN HIDING (O-M-G, HE'S GORGEOUS!)?!!!  Is this like the second or third one we agree on, Kena???  This is getting quite scary!! ; P

And it's DANE Cook, Kena ... he's a HILLL-ARIOUS comedian who I had always found surprisingly attractive too which NOW MAKES TOTAL SENSE!! ; P He also looks a little like that actor, Stephen Dorff (right) whom I also find quite sexy - interesting.

4 comments:

Maureen said...

MMMMMM....

Yea, a trip through Dallas may not be such a bad idea. (During hockey season of course)

Life_As_A_Redhead said...

@ a Burgh Girl, My thoughts exactly!!!

Some time when it's not so blisteringly hot, like January...

and as has been the case, reciently. I forgot the video again. So here it is.

http://stars.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?&id=63766

Kristina said...

I miss Segal in LA. :'(

Nice to see him on here though... he's very yummy. :D

Meg said...

SUPERB choice! I was lucky enough to meet his at a players event before he left the Kings, and I swooned. He is so NICE too! Put me in a Segs sandwich anytime!!!