Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Western Conference Hotties "Month of Stars" - [Final] Week 5: Loui Eriksson (Dallas Stars)

All right, listen up ladies. I'm sharing Pretty Loui with you all, but it's on a look-but-don't-touch basis ONLY. He's mine, so hands off, OK?! Good, got the preliminaries out of the way. Now on to the good stuff... [OK - you're scaring me a little, Kena!! I think she means business, ladies!]

I first noticed him right after he was called up from Iowa. I thought he was cute and, man, could he play hockey. But he was kind of tentative about it (still is sometimes). But that seems to be behind him now [read HERE]. I'm not sure when I changed my thinking from “cute” to “damn this guy is uber (super/awesome)-hot,” but it happened and I'm generous enough to let all of you drool along with me. [I'll admit, he's growing on me!]

IMPORTANT HOCKEY STUFF: The single thing that has impressed me the most in this department. Was his personal late season siege of the San Jose Sharks [INTERVIEW]. He also seemed to have their number pretty good in the playoffs, too. Especially the first couple of games, not so much later on. When he gets on a roll, it is not uncommon for him to score multiple goals, and multiple assists in a game. He kicked ass in Sweden as a kid, and the Stars are putting a lot of faith in him for this season and he has definitely come through for them. He has a really good scoring touch (hands), and unless they check him pretty hard (he's really strong), the opposing players just kind of bounce off. He's also starting to get more aggressive with his own checking. I really look for him to just get better and better this year. He's already collecting steals and winning puck battles along the boards. One unique thing that I find really interesting is the fact that he says he “likes playing on the road better than playing at home.” In fact, I've noticed a distinct increase in points when the Stars are on a road trip, so it seems that this idea is supported with stats as well. His usual line mate is Brad Richards, and the two have combined for a goodly portion of the Stars total goals this year. He is leading the Stars in scoring so far this year. And just earned his very own hat trick a few weeks past. As of last week, he was 5th in Goals, in the NHL. In fact, he was the NHL's first Star of the Week, for the week of Dec. 21, 2008 [Read Here].

THE REALLY IMPORTANT STUFF: 6'1”, 189lbs. (I actually think he's grown since he made the NHL, he looks like it anyway. Personally I'd like to see him put on another 15 or 20 lbs. Ah, to improve his hockey ability of course [innocently blink eyes] Dark blond hair, and those beautiful gold Swede eyes. Which I have personally dubbed “cat eyes” due to the fact that during interviews (not all but most of the time) and when setting on the bench and at random other moments in time, he has a habit of staring at the interviewer (or just sitting there looking very intense) like a great big cat who is considering eating them [watch this interview, too cute]. One thing that does detract slightly from his attractiveness, is the fact that he looks MUCH hotter on video, than in two dimensional photographs. And he looks just as sexy whether he's smiling, brooding or blushing (which is too cute). And I know this is old, and translated from Swedish... but... It's just sooo cute [Read This]. He is just, quite simply, a DOLL! [Another more in depth article HERE] As far as I'm concerned, the better he gets at playing hockey, the prettier he gets. But that's just the way I am.

As a matter of fact, all we hockey loving ladies will be supremely deprived if he EVER figures out how fabulously gorgeous he actually is. He'd never play another hockey game. He'd head straight for Hollywood or New York. Swedish model, indeed!!!! He definitely looks like one!!!!! Except in this [VIDEO] but we'll forgive him for that. I mean after all, it was a playoff run...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahh
the famous article :)

Unknown said...

awww i would have to strongly agree with you. this year has been a great year for him, & i honestly think he is one of the most handsome men alive.

gooood article. :)