Thursday, October 2, 2008

Hotties of the Western Conference: Manny Legace (St. Louis Blues)

For my offering this week, I give you Manny Legace who is as close to the poster boy for the “physical appearance vs. personality = hotness” debate as far as I can tell. I've heard him referred to as hot because of his personality [VIDEO]. And I've also heard that he's still hot in spite of his personality. But as usual in this feature, I'll let all you faithful readers make the decision for you self.

IMPORTANT HOCKEY STUFF: He plays for a team (St. Louis Blues) who makes no bones about it's status of “rebuilding” (in perpetuity, I think). However, he went out an delivered an All-Star year last year. He played 66 games last season – including a stretch of 27 in a row – with a 2.41 goals-against average and .911 save percentage. He was 27-25-8 with five shutouts. He was named the NHL's First Star of the Week for the second time in the 07/08 season for the week ending Feb. 17, 2008. (First Star of the game VIDEO). And he holds the Blues record for consecutive shutout minutes (186:15). He really has some pretty awsome highlights. [VIDEO] Not too shabby indeed.

THE REALLY IMPORTANT STUFF: 5'10” 200lbs. Blond (my personal favorite) and blue-eyed, with a huge smile. He has a heart of gold, and a personality to match. He likes Kids & Harleys. He also seems to have a very mild case of the “red neck syndrome” which endears him to me even more. [he does look like a "country bumpkin," but I'm not sure I wouldn't thought that without Kena revealing he has mild "red neck syndrome"] I've heard him described as being hot because of his personality only. I have also heard him described as “hot, what the hell, no way”. So you'll just have to make your own decisions there. Personally, I think he's kinda cute more like a teddy bear (a blond one obviously) than hot like you know, “hot”. [he's definitely adorable!!]

So I've given you all another one of those is he or isn't he guys. I can only write from my point of view. So as always the final verdict is up to you all. What tips the scales over to hotness for me is the fact that he puts up really good numbers and makes really critical saves while playing for a rather crummy team (sorry Blues fans).

The two pictures Kena provided definitely give two different sides to this hottie!! Personally, I like the first one at the top of this post.

1 comment:

Life_As_A_Redhead said...

Glad we agree Stephanie, I like the top one best too. It's actually a computer desktop wallpaper. Really cool.