Thursday, October 16, 2008

Why I LOVE Sid!!

This is one of the MANY reasons I LOVE Sid more and more everyday!! This was taken from the article posted today on the Penguins webpage about Matt Cooke knowing / playing with both Alex Ovechkin and Crosby:
"It was before I got here that Sid impressed me," Cooke said. "I signed here and kind of was not out there for a couple days, but the very first second I was out there I got a text from Sid welcoming me, saying he was glad he doesn't have to play against me any more, if I need anything about where to live or when guys are skating feel free to call him. He went out of his way to make me feel welcome."

7 comments:

Lauren said...

I read somewhere once that he also sent a text to Jonathan Toews when he was named captain, congratulating him and wishing him luck. Classy. Seriously, I love Sid.

Stephanie said...

I remember reading that too (Sid is definitely a class act - very sexy)!!

Did you get my comment about one of the post on your H&S blog? Do you mind me using that story / photos (that was so awesome - I'm SO jealous, but excited that you got to meet him - it was like perfect!)!!

Lauren said...

I did get your message - sorry I didn't respond! I do not mind at all :) That was a certainly a day that I wouldn't mind living over and over again!

Life_As_A_Redhead said...

Oh, yes, class.

That is the BEST thing about him.

Kimberlass said...

I love the Crosby texting addiction.

Apparently on Saturday at the Leafs game the ladies (wives AND girlfriends) of the boys will be handing out pins for cancer awareness...how many unknown girlfriends are we going to see?!

swissmiss said...

That Sid is just to good to be true sometimes.
Ooh I read abut the wives/girlfriends at the hockey for cancer special night too- who's going to scope them out for us??!

Lauren said...

I agree - someone needs to scope them out for us - take lots of pictures, and tell us what they're like. Personally, I'd love to meet Vero (MAF's longtime girlfriend) - she just seems like such a classy lady, but yet someone that give Fleur a run for his money