Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Hotties of the Western Conference: Mike Zigomanis (Coyotes / Penguins)

[Kena and I thought it would be good to post this as what she originally wrote it as: a "WC Hottie" and it would be a good way to introduce us all to the "new guy!" Thanks to Kena, we'll know a little bit more about Ziggy than just his good looks OR maybe not!!]

(NOTE: He was still a Coyote when I wrote this. And yes, I think the Penguins are making it their mission to collect all of the most attractive players in the NHL.)

Mikey is more like what I consider “every mans hockey player.” He's good enough to be in the NHL, but not good enough to be a household name (at least not among the men). I guess what I'm trying to say is that, well, while he is hot, his game is just not. He doesn't suck, don't get me wrong, but there's no “flash” either. [Oh no, Kena, don't tell us Pittsburgh ladies that! -- We're supposed to be trading for good players that will help the team!]

IMPORTANT HOCKEY STUFF: He had sort of a crappy year last year, after having a good year the year before. He seems to be trying to set himself up with a situation somewhat similar to Alex Kovalev's last 2 seasons. You know, one where you suck, and then redeem yourself. (laughs) [I LOVE your humor, Kena! At least he'll be in his "redemption" year with Pittsburgh - that should work out well then!] Last year the Coyotes sent him back down to the Rampage [Read about it HERE], (I think as a ringer to get them in the playoffs, but that's just my opinion.) toward the end of the season. Then called him back up. In 167 NHL games he has 33 points and 58 penalty minutes. He's played for the Hurricanes, Blues & Coyotes. With that said, he's the “meat & potatoes” of the NHL, not a star but a good, solid and dependable player. He does have a REALLY high percentage in faceoffs, and that's about all I know. (I'm not a Coyote fan, and I don't remember him playing against the Stars).


THE REALLY IMPORTANT STUFF: 6'0”, 200lbs. Chocolate hair and light chocolate-colored eyes. My personal favorite thing about him is the older he gets, the better looking he gets. In fact, I probably would not even know his name if he wasn't gorgeous and I think he's really, REALLY gorgeous!!! To me he looks like the perfect cross between a sexy Italian, and a sexy Frenchman (he and Danny Carcillo make an excellent pair of bookends, what with the “Dashing French Pirate” thing, don't you all think so?) [Yep. I was actually thinking they look like twins!]. You know, sexy actually describes him better than hot, I think. Yeah, I think so!

Sexy Italian Stud. Oh my, cold shower time...

4 comments:

Life_As_A_Redhead said...

I think I put my foot in it, with the "he's hot, but his game's not" comment.

He came out and kicked ass last night.

Well, It's great to be wrong like that!!!

Stephanie said...

it was just one game -- he may suck the rest of the season; you just told it from the perspective of his playing on phoenix!! And maybe Pittsburgh is just the right fit for him (let's hope so)!!

NO WORRIES, Kena!

Hello said...

He was on my radar once I saw his dreamy, toothless smile. Definitely hot.

And his faceoff and PK contributions are serving the Pens well.

Ha, my verfication word is hotioun.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.