Sunday, November 30, 2008

INTRODUCING a New HftL Contributing Writer (the blog's very own hockey coach / mom)!!

I'm sure a few of you remember Teri from one of the comments she posted on the blog a few weeks back in which she refers to herself as "the ultimate hockey mom." In that same comment, she offered her knowledge and said to ask if we ever wanted to know anything about hockey, so I took her up on her offer and thought it would be perfect for her to be part of our new feature "Hockey 101 with HftL" (which is the little "twist" I referred to)!!

I have been involved in hockey (watching, playing, coaching, being hockey mom) since 1964 (yeah, I'm that old). I grew up running the halls of Olympia Stadium with the Howe kids. If you want to know anything about the game, just ask. At this point I now billet 2 AAA, Midget-Major players that my son (who is almost 25- 5 1/2 weeks younger that Talbot) coaches. I will DIE watching a game if I have MY way!!!

So today marks our inaugural post of the long-awaited "Hockey 101" as well as Teri's first post with us. It's an amazing article that truly explains everything you ever wanted to know about face-offs (we'll all be experts now thanks to Teri!)!!

1 comment:

gilld22 said...

My husband and I have a question. If a player receives a penalty during overtime and it is not over when the shootout starts, can they take part in the shootout?