Monday, November 24, 2008

Pittsburgh vs. Vancouver (from LUXURY BOX Seats)!

HftL reader, Lauren, was fortunate enough to attend last Saturday's Penguins game against the Vancouver Canucks (in LUXURY BOX seats, no less) and she was nice enough to send along a few pictures as well as her very own game summary to share with the rest of us.

ENJOY (and thanks again, Lauren, for sharing)!!

Lauren, her sister, brother-in-law, and brother

My dad’s company insurance is through Highmark (a major sponsor of the Penguins) and his Highmark rep was the one who invited us to sit in their box!It was definitely an experience I will never forget!

Sitting in the box was surreal – I’d always dreamed of what it would be like, and it pretty much met all my expectations! At one point, Ryan Whitney walked right by our box on his way upstairs to the press box, but we were all had our attention directed towards the ice (by we, I mean my siblings and I).


One of the highlights of the day was meeting Iceburgh! I’ve been to tons of Penguins games over the years, but today was actually the first time I got to meet and get my picture with Iceburgh! I noticed a big group of kids walking toward the elevator at one point, and I immediately thought those kids had been Sid’s special guests and that Iceburgh had paid them a visit! I don’t know if that’s really the case or not, but I like to think it is!

The fight 25 seconds into the game was great!!! I hadn’t seen any good fights lately (I was still at class when the Gronk dropped the gloves a few nights ago) and this one was definitely one for the books! Too bad it cost the Cookie Monster a game misconduct L Hearing John Barbaro list off all the penalties was kind of amusing.


I was very sad that I wouldn’t get to see Fleury play, but I was slightly consoled by the fact that I was going to get the rare opportunity to see Roberto Luongo play in person – I’ve heard so much about him and the Pens don’t play them often. Unfortunately, he suffered an injury early in the game and had to be helped off the ice by his teammates.

The Highmark rep who invited us said he loved watching the game with all of us, and we would have to do this again sometime! Of course, we all agreed whole-heartedly! So, with any luck, this won’t be the last game I get to enjoy from the box!

Also, they showed a video clip that I really hope they decide to post on PensTV for everyone to enjoy. It was Dupuis, Max, and Sid sitting in the locker room and it went like this:
Max: Hi! I’m Max Talbot!
Sid: And I’m Sidney Crosby and we’d just like to wish everyone a happy Thanksgiving!
Max: Don’t eat too much turkey.
Dupuis doesn’t say anything, but has this big goofy grin on his face the whole time. Sid was smiling too – a nice change from his usual serious self!

1 comment:

gilld22 said...

Lauren is sooo lucky. I reaaly hate being in Scotland sometimes, I am so jealous!!