Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Crosby Picture of the Week

I'm thinking since this is summer and the off-season that I won't be finding any "current" pictures of our Mr. Crosby, so I'll have to make do with whatever I find. I've taken the arduous task upon myself to browse through all the pictures I can find to see if I may have missed some interesting ones (YEAH, RIGHT - I've seen them ALL!) - see what I go through to make this the best blog for you ladies?!! : P

But low and behold, I found one that I hadn't noticed before nor have I seen around alot and I'm featuring it this week.

And it's only appropriate that we include dad in on this (since mom was included last week)!! This picture is just darling only because it feels so "in the moment" and Troy genuinely seems harmless (he normally scares the living shit out of me with his icey cold stares) -- but this -- THIS really says volumes about the man and how proud he is of his son!!!

This picture makes Troy Crosby look like he knits slipper socks in his spare time and sings "Kumbiya" with the local school children who stop by to sell him some fundraiser candy bars (which he happily buys the whole box of!)!! And for one moment, it made me forget about all the iciness.

But after that moment, I find I'm still scared of him only because he has a look that makes him appear so unapproachable and I'm sure I'm not the only one who gets that impression and I'm sure I'm totally wrong and he's probably the nicest man on the face of this earth (and maybe he does knit slipper socks in his spare time!)!!

7 comments:

Val said...

Can I just say that your post is perfect in its comments, I mean you hit it on the head re: Troy Crosby and I have had my first official giggle/laugh of the day. Thank you!

Stephanie said...

Your compliments made my day and I'm glad I could start your day off with a laugh!!

THANKS! ; )

Jay said...

Baahh thank you so much for finding this picture! I saw it once in a collage right after the win, but I couldn't find it by itself! You hit the nail on the head, this picture is so freakin' adorable. It's a real father-son moment that I almost feel like I shouldn't be witnessing.

But hot damn, I love it.

Life_As_A_Redhead said...

I've taken the arduous task upon myself to browse through all the pictures I can find

[HYSTERICAL LAUGHTER]

Arduous INDEED!!!!!

[More hysterical laughter]

Your scared of Troy Crosby. Heh. My family might make you expire on the spot. : P

Cat said...

I love that photo! Troy the proud father and Sidney the slightly embarrassed son. LOL
And may I say we all truly appreciate the "sacrifice" you made to spend so much time finding just the right picture. ;)

Staal1187Crosby said...

Awesome find, Stephanie!! It must be a tough job to look at so many pictures of Sidney (insert small violin here). :-) You know I'm kidding! We really appreciate it!!!

Stephanie said...

I'm so glad you guys enjoyed this pic as much as I did!!! And I just LOVE the compliments (they make a girl's day, you know!)!!!

THANKS, ALL!!! : )