If this Brooks Laich's hockey career ended tomorrow, I'm certain he could make a pretty good living as a super model. Look at him - he has a great look with that chiseled face (strong jawline and cheekbones).
I took notice of him after watching one of the Cabbie's "Journey to the Cup" videos and was smitten ever since! CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THAT VIDEO (AND HERE)!!
- began his career in the WHL (Western Hockey League) for the Moose Jaw Warriors and Seattle Thunderbirds
- drafted in the 6th round of the 2001 NHL Entry-Level draft by Ottawa (193rd overall)
- WHL Western Conference MVP (2002-2003)
- won a silver medal with Team Canada in the 2003 World Junior Championships
- signed an extension with the Capitals in July 2008 (3-year / $6.1 million)
- has been mentioned as a future captain of the team
- his philosophy: "If you want money, go to the bank. If you want bread, go to the bakery. If you want goals, go to the net."
Committment in a guy is very attractive and Laich definitely has that especially when it comes to the Washington Capitals! When asked about his team attitude, he replied "If I asked you about your family, you would talk about them forever because it's something you love," Laich said. "That's the way I feel about this team. This team is my life, and I love playing here and I'm passionate about playing hockey. So it's easy for me to talk about it."
Not unlike his buddy Mike Green, Laich enjoys golf and playing the guitar. He's enjoys baseball and his favorite team is the Toronto Blue Jays
He's also a supporter of Athletes Against Autism.