Monday, July 13, 2009

Get to Know New Pens HOTTIE, Jay McKee

HEL-LO there, Mr. McKee!!

You will definitely fit in well with the Pittsburgh Penguins - quite the attractive man, you are!

And yes, that is a wedding ring on his finger. He was married in July 1999. His wife, Nicole, was once a Buffalo Jill's cheerleader (is it me, or does she look like that girl who played on Melrose Place and another sitcom, the name of which escapes my mind right now!). They honeymooned in Hawaii then made a stop in Las Vegas on the way back to catch a David Copperfield show (Jay is really into magic!).

The couple have two daughters, Jayden and Savannah who were born in October 2004, and November 2006.

In addition to magic, another one of McKee's hobbies is tennis and formed a mixed doubles team with Nicole.
"At first, we were kind of fighting like husband and wife," Nicole McKee said, recalling their first time on the court last year. "He'd take my ball and make an error, and I was like, 'Why did you do that?' and vice versa. We had a lot of disagreements."

Her husband also remembers that.

"Needless to say, there wasn't much talking in the car on the way home," he said.
HOW REFRESHING - just like every other married couple on the face of the planet!! They did eventually become a better team and won the US Tennis Association section in June 2005 which enabled them to advance to the North Atlantic Regional Championships at Princeton University in August of that year.

And McKee with glasses -- YUMMY!!!

10 comments:

- 0 0 ) ) said...

Torrie Spelling.



~~

I never noticed the ring and probably wouldn't have until someone else made me look!!

Welcome to the McKee Family.

Sunshine36616 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sunshine36616 said...

Courtney Thorne-Smith. She played Allison and then was in the sit com with Jim Belushi.

Sorry about the double post, blogger has been goofing up for me lately.

Stephanie said...

@akus - I apologize for making you look, but I always notice that on a guy because I think it's so sexy (shows commitment or something -- I never have figured out why thats a fetish of mine, I just go with it!)!!

@Sunshine36616 - THAT'S IT!! Courtney Thorne-Smith; that's exactly who I was thinking of!! THANKS!!

Appreciate the comments, girls -- keep them coming!!!

Jay said...

He fits right in. I read that Shero wanted to sign him 3 years ago.

Welcome to the Pens, Mr. McKee.

Cat said...

HEL-LO indeed!!! Is it me or is it hot in here? If he plays as good as he looks we've got an All Star on our hands. LOL

Stephanie said...

@Cat -- seriously though, right?!! And if that was the case, we'd have a team-ful of MVP's and a dynasty already made!!!!!! : P

THANKS!!!

Life_As_A_Redhead said...

OK, Hockey season has to hurry up and get here NOW!!!

oh, and I second Stephanie on the rings. They are sexy!!! Hands off, but sexy as hell!!!

Val said...

Oh, how I love in man with glasses!

Stephanie said...

ME TOO, Val!!! ; )